Better Prospects has years of experience placing temps in a wide variety of roles for day, week or much longer assignments and the temps desk is one of the busiest in the office.
We have a bank of first-rate individuals ready to take on temporary roles at a moment’s notice and we continually search for more candidates who can work for clients on an adhoc basis.
We have people who temp for us while they are waiting to start permanent roles, to fit in around education or other commitments, as well as people who like to temp as a career choice. For the candidate, temporary work is a great way to find something to fit around their lifestyle or current work situation and for the client, temporary staff have so many benefits, not least allowing a business to ‘try before they buy’.
Many temps are open to an extension of the assignment or a permanent position, so if a company finds someone that suits their business needs, there is always the opportunity to offer that person a more permanent role. We have found this particularly useful in highly skilled jobs where an employer needs to determine if a person has enough knowledge and experience to do a particular job.
We currently have many temps in assignments that have been ongoing since last year – assignments often get extended when both client and temp are happy.
However, the main nature of the temps desk is of course one of speed! If an organisation needs cover for last-minute sickness, cover during seasonal sales and promotions or other busy periods, temporary staff are the answer.
- Well known charity in South Bucks required an experienced Accounts Assistant to start in a Temp to Perm assignment as soon as possible. We contacted our experienced accounts’ candidates and CV’s were submitted the same day. Interviews were done and the suitable candidate was offered the assignment and started in the same week.
- Amersham client required an Office Administrator/Receptionist for the month.
Calls were made to our reliable administrators and one started at the beginning of the month and is thoroughly enjoying the assignment.
- Amersham client required a Customer Account Manager for a Temp to Perm assignment to start Immediately. CVs sent the same day, candidate started the following Monday and has since been offered and accepted the permanent role.
- Beaconsfield client called us in the morning requiring a Receptionist for the day.
We called around and got someone in for them immediately.
- Chesham client required an HR Administrator for an ongoing temp assignment.
CVs were sent over and the temp started at the beginning of the month.
- Amersham client called just after lunch one day requiring a temp for Ring Rounds (Outbound Calling) to start that afternoon and for the remainder of the week. We had just registered some new temps, one of whom was perfect and accepted the assignment that afternoon.
- Chesham client called us in the morning urgently requiring two Warehouse Operatives for the day – two reliable warehouse temps supplied within the hour.
If you are between jobs, about to graduate and looking for your first job or a student home for the summer in need of work, why not consider a temp role? Call us today on 01494 433346 and register with us.
If you are an organisation in need of a temp or many temps, with over 30 years experience in the local market place across many business sectors, we offer you a professional, approachable service that is guaranteed to find you the right members of staff for your business.