Billing and Collections Specialist
Our client is an exciting, niche business which is rapidly becoming a market leader by disrupting a traditional market.
They offer a highly personalised, comprehensive service to professionals, supporting their billing, collections and debt recovery needs.
The Billing and Collections Specialist will be primarily responsible for providing financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of client accounts.
The role will require regular engagement with client staff, and other industry organisations.
• Invoicing all chargeable activities undertaken by our clients in an accurate and timely manner
• Receipting of all payments including precise allocation to debtor balances
• Reconciling bank statements to invoices and monies received, in order to identify possible discrepancies and aged/bad debts
• Maintenance of all debtor accounts
• Managing and resolving all client/patient/insurer/debtor queries in a timely and accurate manner
• Running and presenting client reports on a monthly/ad hoc basis
• Maintaining strong and healthy relationships with any clients under your care
• Advanced computer proficiency including Microsoft office
• Minimum of 2 years billing experience (preferably with CCSD coding and insurance company fee schedule knowledge)
• Experience with billing software.
• Passionate and excited about building a new business
• Excellent customer service skills
• Numerate and strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to appropriately liaise with different levels of staff from client directors to insurance administrators
• Ability to follow a structured process to ensure compliance, but able to work on own initiative to e.g. resolve queries promptly and accurately, add value to existing processes as appropriate
• Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines
• Supportive and positive attitude
40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
£20,000 to £25,000 depending on experience